Carol Service 2010.
This took place in mid-December, and was a great success.
Autumn Show, September 2010.
The Autumn Show returned, and despite a variable growing season, Swaffham Priorites came up trumps with their produce.
- The egg category - new for this year - was well represented, with a range of shell colours and some still-warm entries.
- The omission of a sunflower category was a disappointment to many, and will return next year.
- Similarly, the cake entries were down due to the ignorance of the (male) organisers: we will do better next time!
- The auction of produce, with Alastair Everett wielding the gavel, was a great success.
- Cream teas were extremely well-received.
- The new village dog show attracted a fresh audience, as well as dogs in silly outfits.
The Village Feast, June 2010.
The Village Feast took place on the 12th June this year, a little later than usual, but with better weather.
- Many locals came to join in the fun and games.
- Refreshments were available throughout.
- The day started with the annual go-cart race and moved seamlessly into the Feast (via lunch, naturally).
- The annual Egg-Throwing contest completed the festivities.