Image courtesy of Lightworks Photography

Who runs the Hall?

Swaffham Prior Village Hall is run as a Charity, and the Management Committee is composed entirely of unpaid volunteers.
Please bear this in mind when contacting us about any issues, and when picking up or dropping off keys.

How late can I use the Hall?

Music and entertinment must not continue after the following times:
  • Monday to Thursday: 11:00pm
  • Friday and Saturday: 11:45pm
  • Sunday: 10:00pm
These are not our regulations, and so cannot be extended.

What should I do at the end of my booking?

Leave the Hall in a fit state for the next hirer:
  • The Hall, including the kitchen, should be cleaned, tidied and the floors swept
  • A maximum of ONE plastic bag of rubbish, securely tied, can be placed in the dustbin by the oil tank
  • Additional rubbish, including glass and other recycling, should be taken away from the site
  • Turn off all lights, cooker, water heater and urn
  • Return the key (either in the keybox or to Clare Freeman, as previously agreed)
  • Any damage caused should be reported as soon as possible (using the Feedback form on this site, or by phone or letter) to the Committee
  • If there were any problems with the Hall at the time of entry, these should also be reported to the Committee
If the Hall is not in a fit state for a subsequent user, or damage has been caused to the Hall, you will be charged for additional cleaning time or repairs.

What happens if I have to cancel my booking?

If a booking is cancelled - for any reason - less than 14 days before the event, 50% of the hire cost will be charged.

How many people can attend events?

A maximum of 120 people are allowed for shows with a stage, with the audience seated.
For a dance or similar event, where the only seating is around the edge of the Hall, a maximum of 140 is permitted.

Who can book the Hall?

You must be at least 21 years old to book the Hall.
Events involving under-21s must be supervised by the hirer throughout the event.
The hirer is responsible for the condition of the Hall, and should ensure that there is no inconvenience to neighbours or other users of the Hall.

What are the conditions for having a bouncy castle?

Small indoor bouncy castles can be used free of charge (but please let us know that you are planning to have one).
Large outdoor bouncy castles can be used outside on the grass in front of the Hall. A £5.00 charge will be incurred for this.
In either case, it is important that the hirer of the Village Hall has the correct insurance to cover this. Many (but not all) inflatable hire companies have insurance policies.
Using the link in the Facilities section of this website, to the British Inflatable Hirers Alliance (BIHA), will allow you to find a suitable local hirer, as well as access to very reasonable day insurance cover.

Can I use the wireless broadband at the Hall?

In order to use the broadband, you must inform us (by ticking the relevant box on the Booking Request Form) when making your booking. Light use is available for all users, free of charge. Heavy use or use in a commercial setting (eg a computer course) will incur a fee. RaSP, who provide the service, monitor levels of use.
A password will be provided at the time of your booking.
Please read the Acceptable Use Policy in the Documents section of this website.