Additional Charges


Marquees can be hired from several local companies. There will be a charge of £35.

Please inform us if you plan to erect a marquee, and ensure that the marquee company has suitable insurance.

The marquee must be at least 5 metres from the Hall for fire safety. A covered walkway with open sides can link the marquee to the Hall.

Small domestic gazebos can be used free of charge

Bouncy Castles

Large outdoor and small indoor bouncy castles can be used free of charge but please ensure that you notify us if you are planning to have one.

In either case, it is important that the hirer has the correct insurance to cover this. Many (but not all) inflatable hire companies have insurance policies.

Using the link in the Service Providers section of this website will allow you to find a suitable local hirer, as well as access to very reasonable day insurance cover.

Selling Alcohol

A Temporary Entertainment Notice (TEN) is required if you plan to sell alcohol. The East Cambs District Council website has full details, and an online application form.

There is no need for a Temporary Entertainment Notice (TEN) if guests or attendees are not paying for alcoholic beverages.

If you plan to have a paying bar at your event, you will need to inform the Booking Clerk, and then purchase a TEN from East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) prior to the event. You will also need to provide the Management Committee with a pdf copy of the TEN.

Broadband Use

In order to use the broadband, you must inform us by ticking the relevant box on the Booking Request Form and signing the Acceptable Use Policy.

Light internet use is available for all users free of charge.

Heavy use or use in a commercial setting (eg a computer course) will incur a fee.  Enquire for more details.

Voneus Broadband, who provide the service, monitor levels of use.